About Heidi Rayden
I teach both Bhakti & Hatha yoga. Bhakti yoga is the practice of love and devotion and Hatha yoga is the physical (asana) practice of yoga. Hatha yoga helps keep our physical body healthy; while Bhakti yoga incorporates the ancient practice of Kirtan (devotional chanting) which helps keep our spiritual & emotional body healthy. It is my belief from experience and teaching that these practices allow us to evolve into our best self and live a happy, balanced & successful life.
Private Yoga is ideal if you are new to yoga, seeking a personal yoga practice or interested in gaining a better understanding of alignment and sequencing. Beginner students can use private yoga sessions to build both confidence & tools. These tools will help you advance in a group yoga class or develop your own personal Yoga practice.
Private Sessions are 1hr OR 1hr & 15min. I will structure your class around your personal goals. Some students want to increase flexibility while others want to focus on opening a specific area of the body. Unlike a group Yoga class, the sequencing in a private Yoga session is designed based on your personal needs & goals.
For a Bhakti Yoga class, your session will start with a guided chakra meditation, gentle pranayama (breathing exercises) followed by a yoga practice with the emphasis on heart opening postures & balancing postures. Throughout your session, I incorporate the use of organic essential oils. The session is concluded with a short Kirtan practice. (Kirtan is the practice of devotional mantra singing and is a powerful way to open your heart & raise your inner vibration).
Yoga Therapy Sessions
As a graduate of Loyola Marymount's Yoga Therapy program, I completed my thesis on the “benefits of yoga for arthritis". Yoga Therapy is a marriage between yoga and complimentary medicine. I apply classical applications of Yoga for use in clinical or home settings to help treat common ailments and conditions. In Yoga Therapy sessions, Yoga is used as a tool to help treat the painful symptoms of arthritis, address chronic conditions from spinal disc degeneration to bulging discs, anxiety and depression. By tailoring a Yoga practice to the individuals physical & mental needs, the healing benefits of yoga become accessible to anyone.
- Rates are determined based on the Yoga session start time, duration & location. Please contact me to discuss your session.
- Schedule Your Private Yoga Session Today
12:15pm - 1:15pm - David Barton Gym, Century City
7:15am - 8:15am - David Barton Gym, Century City
• 500hr RYT Instructor *registered with Yoga Alliance
• Certified Yoga Therapist RX Level I, II & III Loyola Marymount University
• 200hr Teacher Training - Yoga Works Los Angeles with Annie Carpenter
• Color Spa’s - Comprehensive Chakra Balancing Practitioner Course, Level 1
• Kirtan Study - Om Rudra Center India (2009)
• Ongoing Yoga Study - Rishikesh Yoga Center India (2009)
• Kirtan study - Jai Uttal’s Kirtan Camp (2009, 2010)
• Ongoing Yoga Philosophy Study – Sura Das , Temple Bhajan Band